This is the Realms Beyond Adventure 3 and the first of these that I participated in, as I found the site too late for Adventures 1 and 2. The scenario (with starting screenshot) and scoring scheme are set out below, it was the scoring scheme that sucked me in - how could I resist such an obsessive and overly-complex system?
Your goal is to make Mother Russia the envy of the planet. There are three paths to greatness:
- You may attempt to dominate through territory and population.
- You may attempt to dominate through religion and diplomacy.
- You may attempt to dominate through force of arms.
"One ring for farmers. One ring for the priests.
"One for Russia's soldiers, our men who fight like beasts.
"Who shall rise to lead us? One day we shall see.
"Great Tsars reveal their might through the binding of the three."
Leader: Peter the Great
World Size: Large
Rules: Raging Barbarians
- 1 pt - EACH city founded by Russia.
- 10 pts - EACH city founded by Russia that reaches size 15 by 1500AD.
- 10 pts - EACH city founded by Russia that reaches size 25 (and stays there) at any time.
- 25 pts - Adopting Hereditary Rule Civic at your first opportunity and never switching away from it.
- 20 pts - Adopting State Property Civic before 1800AD and never switching away from it.
- 15 pts - Adopting Bureaucracy Civic at your first opportunity and never switching away from it.
- 10 pts - Adopting Organized Religion Civic at your first opportunity and never switching away from it.
- 1 pt - EACH health resource you control (within your borders) in 1500AD. (Spices, Sugar, and Wines do count).
- 10 pts - Founding a religion (your first).
- 5 pts - EACH additional religion founded by Russia.
- 25 pts - Adopting as permanent State Religion the first religion to appear anywhere inside your borders.
- 20 pts - Possessing the Holy Shrine of your State Religion (and keeping it safe from invaders!)
- 10 pts - EACH additional (non-state) Holy Shrine built by a Russian Great Prophet.
- 2 pts - ONLY if you own the shrine: EACH city converted to your state religion by 1000AD.
- 1 pt - ONLY if you own the shrine: EACH city converted to your state religion at game's end.
- 10 pts - ONLY if you own the shrine: EACH rival civ who (ever) adopts your permanent state religion as theirs, of their own choice (not because you asked them to convert).
- 1 pt - EACH percentage point of influence (F7) held by Russian-founded religions, in 1500AD.
- 5 pts - EACH city captured* by Russian forces by 500AD. (Flips/Recaptures do not count.)
- 2 pts - EACH city captured* by Russian forces by 1500AD. (Barbarian cities do count!)
- 1 pts - EACH city captured* by Russian forces after 1500AD.
* (You must not Raze if given the choice! If you raze to make room for cities that you found, then you get those points under Farmers scoring.)
- 2 pts - EACH captured city that reaches size 25 (while in your possession).
- 1 pts - EACH XP on your most-experienced military unit alive in 500AD.
- 1 pts - EACH XP on your most-experienced military unit WHO SURVIVES to game's end.
BINDING OF THE THREE (Scoring)
- 20 pts - Victory (any type)
- 20 pts - EXTRA BONUS: If you win by Diplomacy, but control less than 40% of the world's population.
- 25 pts - Posting the fastest game date for victory of anybody who won via the same victory condition as you.
- 15 pts - Posting the second-fastest time in your victory condition.
- 10 pts - Posting the third-fastest time in your victory condition.
- 5 pts - Posting the fourth-fastest time in your victory condition.
- 3 pts - Posting a Time Victory. ("Fastest" points not possible for Time victories!)
- If you have 150 points or more in all three categories: QUADRUPLE YOUR ENTIRE SCORE!
- If you have 50 pts or more in all three categories (but did not quadruple): DOUBLE YOUR ENTIRE SCORE!
- If you have 15 pts or more in all three categories: you qualify as a Tsar.
- If you have less than 15 pts in any category, you are deemed a Pretender and will be run out of town!